5.09.2007

Hard Decisions

We are thinking of selling our house.
Pretty sure, actually.
I have really loved this house, my child was born while living here, we have planted many things, had a lot of good memories here.
But, things change.
Our new neighbors are dickheads, and I have a bad vibe about them.
We could use more privacy, and quiet.
The lead paint is the clincher, and we can't afford to remove it all ourselves. We just got turned down for a city grant for lead removal because we make $300 too much to qualify.
I guess my newly remodeled kitchen is a good resale point, but I will really miss it.
I am trying really hard to sever the emotion from the property, or I will be a wreck.

2 comments:

rico said...

What??? You can't sell your house! Lead paint is nothing to worry about. I eat lead paint chips off my wall everyday for breakfast and I'm just fine. Don't be an environmental toxin baby. Besides, if you sell your house you will be homeless. Did you ever think of that?? You'd rather raise yer baby in a lead-free cardboard box than in a house with some lead in the paint?? I think you need to re-evaluate your logic here. And I'm calling Child Services on yo' asses!

elronjeremy said...

This could really go either way. A Privacy Fence is a MUST, ASAP! I really like the house too and hate to leave behind the work done and plans we have made for it. And if we have another baby, the $ cutoff raises. Maybe we can rent a baby? I want to take the emotions out of the decision too, but maybe that would include the emotions we have towards the white-trash jerkfest we have next door. Nothing a 6-7 foot fence can't cure. We will just have to close the windows at night when the drunken yelling is too loud. Fuck them, they will probably not last the long haul anyway. And if they do, they can only push my Charles Bronson id so far before the stealthy retribution of metaphorical elbows begin to reign down on them. Team Cox for life.