4.12.2007

Again, my cat is a badass...


Last night, my husband and I heard some loud terrifying screams of pain, wailing, barking, hissing, and general mayhem coming from the front porch.
My neighbor's have 2 adolescent pit bulls, very sweet puppies, tearing the shit out of their yard, barking at strangers, and obsessing over my cats, normal dog behavior. Now, my cats don't help, preening themselves just out of reach, sauntering slowly by, free to roam past their yard's border. Begging to be chased.
So, I go out on the porch and Baby has the 2 dogs held off at the porch, looking huge, with his tail puffed out, expanded hair and menacing screech. Every time one of the dogs gets close to him, he explodes hundreds of rapid-fire claw-filled slaps down onto the muzzle of the offender, eliciting eerily childlike screams of pain, and backing the dog off.
If those dogs had gotten a hold of him, he would've been toast, but he was doing a damn good job of sticking up for himself.
I intervened, got the dogs attention, made them get back in their yard and closed the gate. To their credit, I didn't even have to touch them to get them to go, they minded well. The cat went 20 feet up a tree, waiting for it to be over.

1 comment:

jp said...

I think your badass cat should have his own show!

Ok, several years ago a woman came to my door and told me the neighborhood kids had told her Ollie had scratched her status-symbol type dog and the cost to take him to her status-symbol vet would be a couple hundred bucks (she had not taken him yet). She then asked what type of dog I had. I then show her Ollie, my gray shabby tabby. She was so embarrassed her dog was pawned by a cat she never mentioned the vet bill again.