12.02.2008

Desiccating


I am having trouble transitioning to sea salt in my kitchen.

I am all for using sea salt instead of regular iodized salt, and have purchased said sea salt.

It is too big for all my salt shakers, and the top of the package has a crappy shaker.

I have been using it in cooking, but I'm not used to the bigger grains and everything is thirsty SALTY.
Not everything, but I have over salted a couple of thing.

So, I purchased a new shaker, made for sugar, so it accommodates the big fat salties.

And I'm drinking lots of water.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Give up on the shaker and use pinches instead!

jp said...

get a salt grinder or reappropriate a pepper grinder. you will be happier!

I used to make the mistake of using sea salt in my neti pot until a hunk of salt I swear burnt my brain